Thursday, March 8, 2007

Virtual Vacation Swap Questionnaire

1. If you could visit any state in the US, which would it be and why?

I would love to visit Hawaii. I am not much of a 'sun' kind of gal, but I would really love to see the water falls, try scuba diving, hiking, swimming in the ocean (it is one of my favorites), and maybe parasailing.

2. If you could visit any country in the world, other than your own, which would it be and why?

England! I am named after Devonshire, England and it is a country I would love to experience and maybe live too. I only wish I could have the accent too.

3. Have you ever driven across several states/providence/countries?

Yes. Or rather my husband did the driving from California to Rhode Island. We hit Las Vegas, Colorado, Kansas, Missouri, Illinois, Kentucky, West Virgina, Virgina, New York, Connecticut, and finally to Rhode Island.

4. Have you ever visited someplace you consider exotic? Where was it?

Does Germany and Austria count?

5. What was your favorite "travel" vacation? Why?

Munich, Germany and Salzburg, Austria.

6. Have you ever played tourist in your own home city/state (if international, country)? Explain.

When my sister and family have come out for a visit. It is always fun to see your city through other people's eyes. I have a HS friend coming in August who I haven't seen for 6 years and I will get to play tour guide then too.

7. Are you a museum visitor, beach comer or an amusement seeker?

Museum and amusement seeker. I love learning the local history, seeing the art, and enjoying the stautes. I also love trying new things so amusement seeker also qualifys for me to.

8. What's your favorite type of yarn?

Anything not scratchy. I don't have anything against acrylic, but I prefer it as a blend.

9. What's your least favorite type of yarn?

Not a huge fan of fun fur or of scratchy types of wool.

10. What items do you like to knit/crochet?

Everything. I am currently working on 2 different pairs of socks, some dishcloths, a tank top, and the list goes on. When I see a pattern I like I will try it no matter if it is difficult or not - I like the challenge and seeing the yarn transform as I knit.

11. What do you pack, knit/crochet wise when you go on vacation?

Small projects (socks are best) if I am flying on a plane, car knitting - anything goes.

12. What other crafts do you do/would like to do other than Knit/Crochet?

Bead work, cross stitch, quilting, and sewing.

13. Are you allergic to anything? (Yarn wise or treat wise)

Not that I know of or am willing to admit to myself.

14. What is your favorite color? Least Favorite?

Favorite: Pinks, blues, and greens (not neon on anything)
Least Favorite: Yellows, creams (they make me look sickly).

15. Sweet or Savory (Treat not personality)?

I can go either way; it all depends on my mood.

16. Anything else we are forgetting to ask that you think your partner desperately needs to know?

I am very easy going and am happy to answer any questions that might come up along the way. Happy Vacationing, Knitting, Swapping, and most importantly Let's Have Fun

1 comment:

Sharon said...

Wow, to be named after a location. Well, technically I am named after a flower

hmm, so what ARE you allergic to? ;-)