Monday, March 5, 2007

Spring into Summer: Dishcloth Exchange

When did you learn to knit? Who taught you?
I took a class in 2005 from Lindsay in Providence, RI. It was worth every penny spent


What was your very first completed project? Your most recent?
My friend and I took the class together and we both completed toddler sweaters (or rather I still need to sew it up - seaming scares me). My most recent
was a pair of socks for my husband (my first pair).

What was the very first thing you sent to the frog pond? (pulled out and started over) Your most recent?
First thing was probably this little baby sweater (it should probably be frogged again, but I can't do it) I didn't check gauge and it is way too small, but so very
cute. My most recent was Isabella the tank (she was frogged 3 times before I felt it was good enough to continue).

What is currently on the needles for you?
A pair of socks for my husband, a tank top for me, 2 hats, and a blanket that needs to be started.
(Must have multiple projects going at all times - I'm a multi-tasker what can I say). LOLWhat types of needles do you enjoy working with?

What have you tried and hated? What was your favorite one?Least favorite?
I love Bamboo. I also really like this brand from Japan (also bamboo) that has great circular joints. I also love Addi Turbos. I'm not a big fan of the chunky metal ones. Both circular and straight. The joints are terrible.

Do you use homemade dishcloths or face cloths yourself, or give them as gifts, or both?
I've never made them before, but I think I will probably give most away and keep a couple for myself.

What are your favorite and least favorite scents? (For your body, such as soap/lotion/etc?)
I love vanillas, floral (not too strong - no rose though), light/clean sents, and fruity kinds.

What are your favorite colors?

I love pinks, blues, greens, purples, and reds.

What colors (if any) are your bathroom and kitchen decorated in?
Bathroom is done in reds, blues, and yellows.
We rent ;-(so my kitchen is in white very boring). Bathroom shower current to give you an idea of the colors.

What other hobbies and crafts do you enjoy?

I love beading (earrings,necklaces, bracelets), cross-stitch, sewing and quilting.
These are just a couple of examples of some of the crafts that I love doing (wont someone pay me to craft full time?)

Chocolate: Dark? White? Milk? Ew?
Defiantly not Ew (how can you not love chocolate??). I like dark and milk with white being my least favorite. I especially like chocolate when it is with salty things like pretzels.

Do you like salty treats? What kinds?
I do enjoy a good salty snack now and again. I love pretzels, chips, pop corn, peanut butter (one of my favorites).

If you could go anywhere in the world for one day and spend the day any way you wanted, where would you go and what would you do?
I would go with my husband to Hawaii and swim in the ocean and go para sailing. (or drag him to a yarn store - LOL).

Do you have any allergies? (Yarns, foods, etc. that might impact what your pal can send)
No allergies that I am aware of.

I am a pretty easy going gal and if you need me to answer any questions or need clarification on anything I am a big computer nerd and answer my emails regularly. Also you can check out my 126 things about me list and/or my knitter's treat exchange questionnaire for more info about me. Happy Knitting!!


No comments: