Saturday, August 4, 2007

Knitters Virtual Vacation Swap: Alabama Here I Come


I know you are thinking, what is this her third post of the day? And yes it is, but there was too much to share to hold back and post on different days so bear with me for this last one (it is a goody)....

The KVVS package is to be received by September 3rd and my pal just couldn't wait so today my package arrived via USPS and what a lovely package it was in deed. Before I share all the details I want to say thank you to Jessi of Alabama Fiber Dreams. She put together an amazing package with me in mind. When I think of swapping I think of friends first and the package second and this swap was no different. I have made a new friend in Jessi (hi my fellow sock knitter) who used my blog and emails as a tool to get to know me and decide what to send me. I thank you for your generosity, time, and detail that you put into my package. And look I didn't eat my treats first (very hard to resist, especially that yummy moose munch).


So onto the lovely package:
Jessi certainly 'knew' me when she packed this box. Inside I found lots of things that had my name right on them. Jessi realized my love for our kitties (my babies until we have babies), my joy of tea, all things pink, post it's and magnet pad of paper (how did you know 'my need/obsession' for post its and sticky/magnet papers), these really neat 'Yarn Daisy' (never seen one, but I am super excited to try these out), yummy treats, Sharon's Soap N'Stuff in Coconut Lemon Verbena and Lime Margarita (I think I need a mixed drink - LOL), cross-stitch project and wonderfully luscious yarn goodness (Blue Moon Fiber - Socks that Rock and Wolly Boully), and of course a really cool post card from Birmingham, a much needed water bottle from the science center and a vacation journal, as well as other very thoughtful and well planned goodies. I would happily carry these yarns around in my bag just to rub on my face every now and again for a bit of softness and comfort, if only that wouldn't be super weird and get me lots of WTF glances.

Again thank you for all of my wonderful goodies. I will think of you when I put all of my lovely gifts to good and proper use. That S.N.O.B (sometimes naughty occasionally behaved) pad is too cute by the way!

11 comments:

Melissa said...

That is quite a package! Nice yarn and lots of cute kitty stuff!

Delusional Knitter said...

What an awesome package!!

Bubblesknits said...

You have no idea how close that Moose Munch came to being...umm...munched. LOL

SissySees said...

Oh my!! What a package indeed. That yarn is incredible, especially the Wolly Boully! Add another yarn to my list of "must tries"...

vegasangelbrat said...

Wow, look at all the goodies!! Awesome package! Love the yarn especially the Blue Moon! Gotta love them kitties :)

Virtuous said...

Fabulous package!!

Sharon said...

Jessi did a GEAT job!! Hope you enjoyed your vacation to Alabama!!

Anonymous said...

My goodness! You have been rotten spoiled!!! :-)

You are a lucky Virtual vacationner! ;-)

Anonymous said...

What a fabulous vacation!

Lapdog Creations said...

What an awesome package and a fabulous virtual vacation!

jackie said...

great vacation! hope you had fun!