Monday, January 12, 2009

Actual Finished Knitting Projects

I have finished three project over the last few weeks. And although I have been doing lots of knitting nothing has been coming off the needles until now. You know me I had to keep ripping the items looked right.
Details: Magic Slippers by Sockpoxie (ravelry link). Pattern is for newborns - but I modified them to work for a 3 year old. The rose is from HERE. The leaf from HERE. Apparently she loves them, but hopefully I will get to see them on her soon. The rose is out of left over Lornas Lace (Red Rover), The slippers are made out of Claudia's Hand Painted (Ink), and the leaf is Dale of Norway.



Details: Magice Slippers. Made out of
Patons Kroy Socks Stripes. Added the button as these are for a little boy. My first baby shower in years and all the guests were very excited about the hand knit item. I'm sure they will look very sweet on the little one.

Details: A combination of sock patterns. Originally I was using a pattern but the heel directions were so awful I had to keep ripping because they did not work. So I used Azure's heel after modifing my stitch count. The ribbing is all me (very origina - I know). This is my husband's fourth pair of socks - he wants to be the cool professor with hand knit socks. Now if I could just get a pair for myself....

I hope that everyone had a safe and happy holiday season (thank GOD it is over) and that 2009 is proving to be a wonderful new adventire.







5 comments:

SissySees said...

Lovely, one and all!

andrea said...

Love the baby bootie colors!

Melissa said...

the little baby booties are so precious! I love your man's mission to be the knitted (as opposed to "nutty") professor! I'm glad you posted again - I was worrying about you. (I've been a bad blogger as well.) Also, I had a Christmas card to send but only had you B-Town address. Thanks for the card. Keep in touch in '09! Partying on 1/20?

Jenny said...

the slippers are super cute - love the rose detail you did! J is certainly lucky that you knit him socks...I doubt I will ever knit D a pair, but then again, he is a sock-destroyer - goes through pairs like kleenex.

Bubblesknits said...

He'll at least be a warm professor! lol