Monday, March 12, 2007

First Sweater - 2004

This is the very first sweater I completed (well almost). I still need to sew it up, but for some reason the mattress stitch gives me nothing but trouble. It never looks as nice as I would like it to. My friend and I took a knitting class together and we both made the same sweater. She made it in pinks and I made it in blues and whites. This sweater is a 'Lion's Brand' pattern. The directions kind of stunk. The arms are kind of wonky, because of my poor increases. Its all about practice right?

2 comments:

Katie said...

Hi Devon! I like your new blog, and I'll add it to my list of current knitting blogs that I read. You look like you've been very busy with the needles! Cute little sweater! Check out www.knitpicks.com for some really nice, cheap yarn.

Katie said...

Hi again! I noticed you don't have a link to "Crazy Aunt Purl's" knitting blog--I love her! Check it out: www.crazyauntpurl.com