Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Too Small - But will definitely be of use

"Friender" posted a need for hats for a little girl with Leukemia. So I took the call and found this wonderful pattern, Flore. I modified it by only using 1 color, but I fell in love with the scallops around the edge. I love this yarn. It is 100% cotton in very fun girly colors. There is only one problem with the hat and that is it did not fit : (
Although it did not fit little Nora, it has been donated to a Kids Cancer Center (Capital Candlelighters) in
Madison, Wisconsin. I hope that some little one will be able to wear it during their difficult time.
Next time that I knit this I plan on following the pattern to a 'T' and using the 5 colors that the pattern is written in. It is a bit hard to follow at first, but with the help of the pattern writer and another blog 'JoFrog' I was able to make it work.

No comments: