Friday, April 13, 2007

Isabella: Still Chugging along...

I have 2 more inches to go before the arm shaping. Soon after I will be binding off the collar!! I am pleased with my progress thus far and am just now finishing my first ball of yarn. The pattern calls for 5 balls, lets hope I finish them off or have just enough left over to make a bracelet, because the yarn store I purchased these at does not take returns anymore.

Oh well I will find something to do with the left overs if I have some. Any suggestions?? It is Rowan 4-ply cotton with 186 yards per ball, knit on size 3 needles. I was thinking maybe I could knit these lovely Perdita Bracelets, but I'm open to suggestions. Happy Knitting!

2 comments:

JenniferB said...

The bracelets would be a great use of excess yarn. Your Isabella is coming along so nicely!

As to your question about the toddler dress, i'm afraid it's destined to be ripped out. Several people have suggested just picking up stitches at the bottom, but I'm worried about having a puckered look. I truthfully didn't mind knitting it, rather enjoyed watching the colors as they came together, so I will rip and re-knit..hopefully starting it this weekend. I know eventually it will get warm enough here for my daughter to wear a summer dress (it snowed 5 inches here two days ago). Thanks for the comment! (sorry about mine being super long!)

Anonymous said...

Wow look at you go! I wish I could help with the k1 p1 k1 mentioned in the sock post - but at sock sizes, I can't imagine trying to stuff all those stitches in a single stitch :o I like the bracelet idea too - that'd be a great way to use up 'scrap' yarn!