Monday, April 16, 2007

Non Knitting, but knitting inspired...

Firstly, I wanted to say how sorry I am for the families of the people who were killed at Virgina Tech. The world we live in keeps getting crazier and crazier. Sometimes I wonder if we should all be wearing bullet proof vests, for those just in case moments. I only wish there was someone to prevent this type of thing from happening again. Maybe we would all be safer if everyone learned to knit, sew, craft or any other safe hobby that doesn't involve guns or hate...

Although these pictures do not represent knitting, there are for knitting. The ones on the left are for sock projects. I got the idea from Monika at Smoking Hot Needles.
I felt that a small bag such as these would be better than the ziploc I had been caring. The picture on the left is a bit of cross-stitching that I did today as the wind/rain continued to fall on Boston. I recently picked up this amazing cross-stitch book from called, Subversive Cross-Stitch. It helped me with the letters sort of and the rest I made up as I went along. The inside has 2 pockets. I am a sucker for pockets, oh and bags of course. LOL

Be safe and tell those around you love them and don't let the little stuff upset you. These are the times we need to be thankful for our family, friends, and loved ones.

Take care!

5 comments:

Monika said...

How cute are those!!! Love them! I'm a big bag lover too, and pockets! Knit Happens, that's wonderful!

Michele said...

Subversive cross-stitch....you rock!

Anonymous said...

VERY cute.. and I didn't know you cross-stitch! Adorable.

Oh... ya know.. just in CASE you're interested...

http://iteivrules.blogspot.com/

JenniferB said...

well said. i often let the little stuff bother me, that is for sure. :)

zoesmomdebbie said...

You've got a good grasp on what makes people peaceful. I wish people were more like you.

I've been knitting a bit, but not updating my blog enough. I'm trying to get four shawls completed by June and I just finished (2 weeks ago) the baby blanket I needed for last week, so I'm doing great.

Stay in touch and keep your great attitude.

Best,

Deb
zoes.mom@comcast.net