Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Did you say Sewing?


In an effort to not forget my other crafty things I got my sewing machine out the other night and put together these two 'Sock Bags'. Isn't the fabric too perfect? One is for me and the other well that is a surprise for someone special. I was looking for the perfect fabric and although socks would have been better, shoes were the next best thing....

Specks:
  • They are my own design. I used a plastic coated fabric for the inside to prevent needles from poking through (this happened with the last bag) and a nylon handle instead of a drawstring - this way there will be no twisting around the wrist as I knit and walk (yes it can be done, as long as you look up every once and awhile).
  • Cotton fabric double ply with 2 layers in the inside as well as the plastic coated lining. Just big enough for a sock project.
Happy Crafting! And yes I am still reading....

14 comments:

S. said...

I love the fabric! It's great!

Unknown said...

Wow, that is super cute!

Monika said...

Sewing is in the air! ;o) I got out my sewing machine today and made a Chelsea bag by Amy Butler. Your sock bags are cute. The fabric is so perfect!

JenniferB said...

those are adorable! very chic.

Anonymous said...

Hi Devon,
Sorry I forgot to wish you a happy anniversary last week--time really flies. It doesn't seem like six years ago that you guys got married (although, some days it seems like Michael and I have been together for around 40 years rather than 7)! I like your sock bags--you're getting so talented with all of your crafts!
Katie

onecraftchick said...

Such an awesome job! Gotta love it when the sewing bug grabs you like it.

Anonymous said...

Cute bags. What a clever idea for the lining.

SissySees said...

I bow to your inner craftster. I only wish I could sew!

Michelle said...

Hey There,
I can't wait to see you next week!
I nominated you for a 'Rockin' girl blogger'...

You rock!

vegasangelbrat said...

Oh those are cute Devon! I hope you'll share with me your design as I'd love to make a few..be nice gifts to make. I do need my machine out to get a few Christmas gifts started so they might be done in time..lol
I think the fabric is perfect too!! Great job!

Melissa said...

Very cool!

NH Knitting Mama said...

Do you sell these fantastic bags?

Tracey said...

Awesome! Love the fabric! You're so talented!

KSee said...

Looks like I'll have to put my ss on hold to break out my sewing machine and whip up a few of these bags. Love the fabric.