Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Progress, Complaints, Frustrations


I have been working on Isabella for most of the day and have made quite a bit of progress. The lace pattern is going well except for the matched decreases, especially the Slip 1, K2together, Slip Stitch over (there is this huge gap that is super frustrating!!!)

I have never worked
Jordana Paige pattern before and I am not finding her directions very helpful. I think she makes things more complicated then they need to be or I am just never a very good pattern reader (I'm sure it is me, and not her). The 4-ply cotton (or rather cotton in general) is not very forgiving. As the title of my blog states I Knit and Rip and I have done that about 5 times in the lace panel alone. It is very frustrating and time consuming. But I can't seem to let things go, except of course the weird space next to the decrese on the right side (I ripped and it didn't fix the problem so I left it. I'm hoping blocking will help. LOL).

I do hope the rest of it goes well. Wish me luck!

7 comments:

LisaW. said...

your isabella is going to be gorgeous...love love love the color you are doing it in (and yes, jordana paige patterns are harder than they need to be...just my opinion...but they are lovely!)

JenniferB said...

Are you planning to wash/dry the garment? all the cotton things I've knitted I've planned to wash/dry in the machines and the cotton seems to shrink up just a bit and snug up ever so nicely to hide those knitting imperfections. I can't say that I've ever done that decrease, though, so I'm not sure why it's leaving that gap. Sorry.

Cass said...

I bet that gap blocks out. That is such a great color! I think it looks very nice.

Michele said...

I'm willing to bet that once it's blocked and you're actually wearing it, it'll look just fine. Think about it-- the lace panel is pretty much going to be over your chest so it'll probably stretch ever so slightly making the gap even less noticeable. Keep chugging along & don't get discouraged. It WILL turn out lovely.

SissySees said...

I haven't knit enough with cotton or that decrease to be of any help, but it's lovely, truly. We are our own worst critics you know!

SissySees said...

PS - I'm glad you're enjoying your markers!

Sharon said...

Hmm, not sure... cotton usually doesn't block like other yarns and you do have to knit tighter. Washing and lying flat will help though and pull it together some.

It is a very lovely color a very nice pattern