Wednesday, August 27, 2008

O-H-I-O

It will be a month soon since we left Boston and what a month it has been. It has been crazy busy around here and I am now just settling back down. I do hope everyone has been well although I know like Chan who recently lost her beloved pup that life certainly has its ups and downs.

I am certainly enjoying Columbus thus far and trying to get into the swing of things. Most recently I have been doing lots of cleaning and organizing, but thankfully knitting an
d crafting shall commence soon.

But a bit of a rockin photo to share in the mean time... I made this cake for a local Jazz musician here in Columbus.
Here are the photos of our empty apartment...

The bedroom is through that open door way to the left. Other then that it is just one big open room.

15 comments:

Bertha said...

You're already gone?! I missed you?!!! CRAP. I'm disappointed we never got to get together while you still lived in Boston! Oh well. At least I'll still have you on the internet and I'm glad you're happy in Columbus!

Bea said...

Its nice. I'm glad you are starting to settle into Columbus.

Unknown said...

welcome to columbus!

~mz (from ravelry)

SissySees said...

Beautiful hardwood floors! Great cake too, of course...

And thank you. ;)

Anonymous said...

Agreed with Channon's comment. I love hardwood floors.

JenniferB said...

Oh yay! Your apartment looks lovely. The cake looks awesome! I wish I could hook you up with my oldest friend...she lives north of Cols in Powell...and is a harpist. I hope you're doing well.

Bubblesknits said...

I'm glad you got there okay and starting to settle in. :-) The cake looks awesome!

jackie said...

apartment looks great! and the cake is very cute. hope it was well liked. glad you are settling into columbus. have fun!

Melissa said...

Congrats! I'm glad to see you back in Blogland and settling in.

Holly said...

Love the cake! Wish you live close by I would hire you for the Boys birthday party for something special.
The apartment looks great! Very nice.

Anonymous said...

Love the cake!

Wanna start a new 'Ace of Cakes' with me??? ;-)

I hope that you're all settling in nicely! good luck in the job hunt!

zarafa said...

here is the jeweler information i told jason i'd give him. it was great to finally meet you both!

Chris Carioti of C & J Jewelers. 175 Cleveland Ave (43215) 614-221-8588 cjcarioti@rrohio.com.

Unknown said...

Wow, what a nice looking apartment! Will you take a pic once the furniture (and cats) are in place? Miss you!

KSee said...

I too have been scarce. Love the apartment. The cake is GREAT!

Jennifer Ann said...

the first apartment i ever had in columbus had exposed brick like that. LOVE IT! Welcome to Columbus, by the way!!!!! it really is a great town, dont let anyone tell you otherwise :)